Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running 10.6.8 and downloaded applications are not compatible.

Hi there! I'm running 10.6.8 and I've now downloaded two different software applications from the internet, Handbreak and the lastest verison of Turbo Tax and both of them have the big white circle with the line through it and say they are not compatable with my Mac even though the specifications say that these applications will run on 10.6.8 Intel macs which mine is. I ran software update and restarted and still no luck. Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 1:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2013 2:35 PM in response to Metreky

Metreky wrote:

Hi there! I'm running 10.6.8 and I've now downloaded two different software applications from the internet, Handbreak and the lastest verison of Turbo Tax and both of them have the big white circle with the line through it and say they are not compatable with my Mac even though the specifications say that these applications will run on 10.6.8 Intel macs which mine is. I ran software update and restarted and still no luck. Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!

Did you meet all of Trubo tax system requirements especially the one in the underlined bold print?

• Note: 64-bit required for Mac OS 10.6.8
  • Monitor: 1024×768 screen resolution
  • RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
  • Internet Connection: 56 Kbps modem (Broadband connection recommended)
  • CD-ROM Drive: 2X CD-ROM drive
  • Hard Disk Space:
    • Federal Products: 330 MB
    • State Products: 30 MB
    • Federal plus State Products: 360 MB
  • Printer: Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer

If you do meet all of its system requirements, contact the developer, their tech support and post in their forum area.

Which model Mac do you have?

For Handbrake - if you are positive that you meet all of it's system requirements, contact the developer, their tech support & post in their forum area.

User uploaded file

Running 10.6.8 and downloaded applications are not compatible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.