Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

oneclickdigital audiobooks and ipod shuffle

I have a 4th gen. iPod shuffle that I purchased primarily to listen to audiobooks downloaded from my library using OneClickdigital, but so far I am unable to do that. I have successfully downloaded/transferred the title. When the iPod is connected to the computer the book appears as a playlist on the iPod. I am able to listen to the books within iTunes in this way. When the iPod is disconnected from the computer and I try to listen with headphones, it asks me to "Please use iTunes to sync music." If there is music from iTunes on the iPod, it will play that, but I haven't been able to get it to play the audiobooks. Any suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fyi: The "manually manage music" box is checked, iTunes is freshly updated, and the iPod has been freshly updated.

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 3:47 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2013 3:31 PM in response to alicesayshola

Had the same problem...

After transferring the tracks from OneClickDigital, a new playlist showed up on the Shuffle when viewed from iTunes. The playlist showed the individual titles, however if I viewed the contents of the iPod from "Music" or "Books" they would never appear. To resolve the issue, I selected all of the songs in that playlist and dragged them over to where the shuffle appears in the sidebar. After this, the tracks appeared in the iPod library (not just in that playlist created by OneClickDigital) and when I plugged in headphones everything worked like it should.

Hope that helps.

oneclickdigital audiobooks and ipod shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.