Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do ANY apps allow airplay?

The title of this thread states everything. I have been perusing a lot of these threads for quite some time now, and here's why: I got the AppleTV today and was very excited. Now I could buy and rent shows/movies and play anything from my iPad!! I was very confused when I tried to play a movie on HBO GO and all I got was the audio on my screen.

After troubleshooting and trying to read up, I found out that AirPlay for HBO GO is blocked!

And Amazon...

And Hulu...

And Youtube through my Safari....

And basically ANYTHING I tried to play.

So here's the million dollar question. Why in the world should I not return this right now? I feel like Apple has an amazing product on their hands, considering the amount of people with an iPhone or iPad. But... why should we buy this if we can't stream anything?

Let's make one thing very clear. If I returned this tomorrow and took my hundred bucks, I wouldn't be mad at Apple. But... really? This sound of this Apple TV made me so excited, and I can't help but feel let down by the amount of potential amazing video data being blocked from AirPlay.

Sorry for the wall of text, and I really would appreciate it if someone could honestly tell me why (or maybe why not) I should stick with this purchase and not return it. I have a Playstation3, as well as a laptop with an HDMI cord I can connect to the TV. So I can already do this with either of those. The main thing for me was the luxury of not having to hook up the computer to the TV.

Apple TV, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 4:12 PM

There are no replies.

Do ANY apps allow airplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.