Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need to remove my iphone 5 from my apple account. how to do it?

I need to remove my iphone from my apple account but when I sign into the account I am only able to edit personal info. Please help!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 5:58 PM

Are you trying to unregister it with Apple? Or are you just trying to change the Apple ID on the phone?

4 replies

Feb 10, 2013 6:17 PM in response to saulfromsilver spring

I'm not sure which you were trying to do, but if you want to unregister it with Apple, you can:

1. Go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
  2. Log in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click on ">" to the right of the phone listing
  4. Click "unregister"

If, on the other hand, you are trying to change the Apple ID on the phone, to do this:

1. For iMessage, go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID sign out, sign back in using the other ID.
  2. For FaceTime, do the same thing in Settings>FaceTime.
  3. For Purchasing, do this in Settings>iTunes & App Stores.
  4. For iCloud, you'll have to first save any photos in your my photo stream album that are not in your camera roll or backed up somewhere else or you will lose them. To do this, open the photo stream album in the thumbnail view, tap Edit, tap all the photos you want to save, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll. You then have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with your updated credentials. This will delete the account and iCloud data from your phone but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account and not changing to a new account, your data will be synced back to your phone when you sign back in. However, if you are setting up a new account with a new ID, when you delete the account be sure to choose Keep on My iDevice, and choose Merge when you turn on your data syncing with the new account to upload your data.

Sep 29, 2014 2:36 PM in response to travisfromabbeville

travisfromabbeville wrote:

i bought the phone but cant get in without an apple account i wanna change it to my own apple account

If it won't activate, or is running with Find My iPhone turned on, only the original owner can help you. These are features of Activation Lock and only the original owner can remove the lock, as explained here: Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account.

i need to remove my iphone 5 from my apple account. how to do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.