Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my ipad 2 be hacked?

I was wondering if my ipad 2 (non jail broken) could be hacked by someone that uses the same router as I do?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:41 PM

4 replies

Apr 17, 2013 6:15 AM in response to deggie

April 17, 2013 - FYI

Mine was hacked. Ipad 2 over cellular network.

Someone opened photos app and started creating a new folder and I kept rebooting until I could get the latest IOS downloaded , wipe the machine, and install..

The symptoms prior to seeing the actual photos app opening were an unresponsive touch screen. I could log in but then it stopped functioning after that. The only network appearing on the desktop was the verizon cell network. Although I normally have it connecting vis 802.x wireless, it had been turned off. I could not utilize the settings app since the touch screen appeared to stop working on login.. Once I rebooted about 15 times in a row I finally was able to get into the settings app and shut down the cellular..

The latest App downloaded was the AR DRONE game app 2 weeks prior.

I would not list a local router to be a source of concern but I am hoping that this had something to do with a particular app rather then some cellular relate systematic hole...

This is a work ipad and does not go to many out of the ordinary web pages...

Can my ipad 2 be hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.