Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download link for Mac OS X 10.5 needed

From where can I download Mac OSX 10.5 ?

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:19 AM

7 replies

Feb 23, 2013 10:35 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

I keep getting mixed information, I have a imac osx 10.4.11 from late 2007 and have never upgraded some say I need to do leopard then snow leopard and others say go straight to snow leopard! also do i need to buy an external hard drive 1st to back up data before a upgrade? I have so many questions!! any help will be greatly appreciated. I called apple support and they said my mac can do all the upgrades

Feb 23, 2013 10:59 AM in response to dblb

dblb, greetings: I am not familiar with iMacs, but a mid 2007 model will run Snow Leopard. Just to be certain, read this support article;

http://support.apple.com/kb/sp575

You can install Snow Leopard over Tiger. You do not need Leopard. A Snow Leopard disk can be obtained from the Apple online store.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Though an OS installation should not affect any user data, it is always prudent to have a backup. I would strongly advise you to get an external HDD for that application.

Ciao.

Feb 23, 2013 11:20 AM in response to dblb

dblb, greetings; You will find cheerleaders and detractors for all brands of HDDs. I mainly use Seagate's and HGSTs (Hitachi). Since I have a MBP, all of my HDDs are the small 2.5" platters. Though they would work with your iMac, the larger 3.5" HDDs are probably a better option. I have power constraints that you do not have.

I recommend OWC.com as a source. They may not be the least expensive, but they specialize in Mac peripherals, have excellent customer service and even first rate technical support.

Ciao.

Download link for Mac OS X 10.5 needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.