Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Security Software??

I have a macbook pro with bootcamp partition with windows 8. I prefer having internet security software on my mac. Right now I have internet security software on my mac and also seperate internet security software on my windows partition. My question is do I need two softwares or one software?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Bootcamp Partition with Windows 8

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:11 AM

You don't need it for OSX, Windows always needs it.

2 replies

Feb 12, 2013 4:50 AM in response to TechApple

(You have seperate internet security software on your windows partition.)

In Windows 7 Microsoft Security Essentials requiring download from Microsoft was the best Application to have for Windows OS.

In Windows 8 Microsoft has upgraded Windows Defender which is an Automatically Started Service in the OS. You do not want or need anything else.

Press Command and x key simultaneously and choose Computer Management from the pop up; then select Services within Services and Application to see Windows Defender Service among active Tasks. It is part of the OS and nothing else should be used.

Internet Security Software??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.