Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMatch for Movies and TV shows in Germany

Just googled iMatch for Movies and found out that nearly a year ago, another 35 Countries got access to iMatch for Movies and TV Shows. Germany, among others wasnt one of them. Why not? I dare say that I spent enough money on movies, music, apps, tv shows in iTunes, on my iPhone and iPad. And due to storage reasons, my PCs the only place I still have them all. Works fine with music, because when I'm on the go, I just download the Playlist I want from iCloud. But not with Movies and TV shows. Last time, I bought a Season on my iPad, watched it and deleted it. About a week later I used my PC again, no available downloads. Meaning, that the whole series was gone. Luckily, the nice support people granted me access to download the series on my PC again. But still....

I get that its probably not Apples fault. Its the stupid german GEMA, and the copyright people. But maybe one should make the realise how much money theyre losing because of this. The option to just download one of my movies and shows from the cloud whenever I'm sitting in the train or waiting somewhere or just cant be bothered to turn my computer on. This whole issue is preventing the portability of my iDevices. And thats a shame.

And then another thing. When I go to one of those stores selling DVDs and I look on the back of any one of the DVDs, it has at least German and English language support, if not more. And then there are the subtitles, 5 or 6 of them. I usually buy and watch my media in English. But since I'm living in Germany, I want at least the opportunity to choose language and subtitles while watching. Like I can with every DVD. Let me just observe that DVDs were invented, what '95? 18 years ago, wow. And from the customer perspective we're still behind that in some ways.

Point made.

iPad 2, Windows 7, iPhone,iPad,PC (used in that order)

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 5:47 AM

2 replies

iMatch for Movies and TV shows in Germany

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.