Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting songs from iTunes

I was just wondering if when I delete songs from my iTunes will it delete them from the cloud as well. I have iTunes Match and I just want to be sure I don't exceed the 25,000 songs available in the cloud.

Thanks,

iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 9:26 AM

Hi,

When you delete a song you will get a pop up which includes a check box to ask if you want to delete from cloud. Tick this box.

Jim

5 replies

May 27, 2015 6:30 AM in response to Brent3333

I recently had 4 songs I wanted to delete but when I clicked on the delete "X", the song would not delete; instead, the song started to play.

On my phone, each song had the "cloud" symbol along side of it. I tapped the cloud symbol, it loaded and the cloud symbol disappeared.

I then tried deleting the song but was unsuccessful. I also went on line, on my computer, to my iTunes account to try to delete the songs.,

UNSUCCESSFUL!! Do you have any suggestions.

May 27, 2015 9:50 AM in response to cocoaWest6491

cocoaWest6491-

Your configuration and question does not seem to be identical to the one by the original poster (OP) which was already marked as solved. It would best be addressed in its own topic. It is not clear to me if you are talking about items purchased from the iTunes Store (which cannot be deleted from iCloud, only hidden), if iTunes Match is involved in this at any stage (as it was in the OP's question), and if this mostly relates to what you are seeing on an iPhone (which was not part of the OP's configuration).

Deleting songs from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.