Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport express config.

Hi,

I use airport express with airplay to stream music from iTunes. I recently change my modem and I can't configure it.

User uploaded file

After that, the only way to rescan is to perform a hard reset.

I'm in 10.7.4

User uploaded file

Thanks in advance

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 9:44 AM

13 replies

Feb 12, 2013 6:08 AM in response to Ko be

I'm a great believer in the KISS principle.

Configuration is simple if you start from a factory default condition. Then connect the Airport to AC power and finally to the Internet modem (or modem/router). Open Airport Utility on your Mac or other computer and accept all of the recommendations. After confirming that it works, insert your desired administrative and WiFi passwords. Finally, turn on AirPlay.

Do not expect the Airport to respond instantly to the configuration commands. BE PATIENT!

Feb 12, 2013 8:46 AM in response to Ko be

The Express will "join" a wireless network if 3 conditions are met during the setup:

1) The correct wireless network name is entered

2) The correct wireless password is entered

3) The correct and exact type of wireless security that your modem/router is using

Most users know 1) and 2), so the issue very well may be 3)

Do you know the exact type of wireless security setttings that your modem/router is using?

If not, you will need to find out what those settings might be by checking the set up and configuration pages of the modem/router.

If the setting for wireless security on the AIrPort Express does not match up exactly with the setting on the modem/router, the AirPort Express will never "join" the network.

Airport express config.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.