Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble changing Genre in iTunes 11

I have been using iTunes for 6 years or more and I have a respectible library. I am very paticular about my Genre's and always update Genres on any and all songs I download or transfer from CD. I recently purchased two albums from the library and now I CANT UPDATE THE GENRE. They are from the same artist and are listed as two differenct genres. This is driving me mad!!! Is this a glitch or can when you down load from the library they won't let you edit anything????

If this is the case, I won't purchase from the library again.. I'll go back to buyinf the CD.

Thanks for any help.

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 4:24 PM

I followed this advice and reset my computer and it seemed to work. .....

I was able to fix the issue. You need to go into Applications and open Utilities, Disk Utility and run the "Repair Permissions".

After that I went back into to iTunes and was able to edit the songs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2013 4:24 PM in response to ANB144

I followed this advice and reset my computer and it seemed to work. .....

I was able to fix the issue. You need to go into Applications and open Utilities, Disk Utility and run the "Repair Permissions".

After that I went back into to iTunes and was able to edit the songs.

Trouble changing Genre in iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.