Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i stop my iPhone iTunes from Shuffling songs?

I cannot figure out how to stop my iPhone Music/iTunes from shuffling songs but instead to play them in order.

iPhone 4S, Windows Vista

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 10:53 AM

In the Music app, tap the screen to bring up an extra menu bar showing the current song's timeline. In the lower right is a pair of crossed arrows -- when enabled (blue), shuffle is on, tap it to turn shuffle off (gray).

Edited to add: That's when you've got the album cover image up, if you're on the track listing, tap the upper-right corner to bring it back to cover art view. The other two indicators/buttons on the bottom of the same bar are "repeat" (bottom left) to repeat the current track or playlist (two options), and "genius" (bottom center) to generate playlists of songs similar to the one currently playing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2013 10:53 AM in response to mrd525365

In the Music app, tap the screen to bring up an extra menu bar showing the current song's timeline. In the lower right is a pair of crossed arrows -- when enabled (blue), shuffle is on, tap it to turn shuffle off (gray).

Edited to add: That's when you've got the album cover image up, if you're on the track listing, tap the upper-right corner to bring it back to cover art view. The other two indicators/buttons on the bottom of the same bar are "repeat" (bottom left) to repeat the current track or playlist (two options), and "genius" (bottom center) to generate playlists of songs similar to the one currently playing.

how do i stop my iPhone iTunes from Shuffling songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.