Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal reverts to default calendar when I change appointment

HI I have one calendar set for Cloud but several for syncing to google calendar.

If I change the appointment from say "Michelle personal" to "Family", it initially changes to "family" when I save it, then it shows as updating and changes itself back to "Michelle personal". with google calendar and then changes back to "Michelle". At the moment I cannot change the appointment to any other calendars.

If I change the same appointment in Google calendar then it works. i.e. it changes the Google calendar and that in iCal.

User uploaded file

It seems to only have happened this week and another identical machine has started doing it too.

We are on version 10.7.5 Mac OS X.

I would love some help if anyone can as I have surfed and surfed but can't find this issue. Cheers

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 4:17 PM

13 replies

Feb 13, 2013 12:36 PM in response to freeradicalx

Just tried to see if it was a problem with iCal, it wasn't as far as I can tell. Steps I took:

-Removed Google account from iCal accounts, shut off iCal

-Turned off calendar sync for Google account in System Preferences >> Mail, COntacts and Calendars

-Backed up ~/Library/Calendars and ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.ical.* to the Desktop

-Opened iCal back up

-Turned Google calendar sync back on in System Preferences >> Mail, COntacts and Calendars

-Waited for events to resync

Tried changing some of the offending events to a different calendar, but they still revert even after a complete reset of iCal and it's accounts....

Feb 14, 2013 12:29 PM in response to swellshark

Try this workaround for the time being, it worked for my client that is having the same issue: Reassign the event to an "On My Mac" calendar, and then reassign it to the Google-hosted calendar of your choice. It should take, since it seems like the problem only occurs for me when assigning an event from one google calendar directly into another.

Jul 3, 2013 1:13 AM in response to swellshark

This has been so frustrating for me! Having the same issue and I'm going mad since my work is calendar based with lots of appointments and changes being made every day! Freeradicalx - you solutions isn't working for me since as the meeting request comes into my calendar it shows it at the updated time and a second later reverts to the original slot! reassigning calendars keeps it at the original slot! Please help!

Oct 14, 2013 10:28 AM in response to freeradicalx

Same for me, and tried to make a change right after doing the "move to another calendar" trick, that also fails.

Strange. It seems that creating new appointments works fine, but changes are reverted back to the original values as soon as you try to save them. Also deletion is not possible, the appointment pops up directly after saving.

As I type this I am trying to test it, and now it seems to work fine...?

iCal reverts to default calendar when I change appointment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.