Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burn Problems with iDVD

I created a iDVD project quite a few years ago on an original Power Mac G5. Fortunately I backed up everything to an ext HD and bought brand new iMac with an external superdrive. I upgraded all my software (although for some reason I had to downgrade to QT 7.0 to run my .mov files.) The iDVD project runs great on the iMAC screen, (the photos, my music, my voiceover is all there) but I get this encoding error evertime I try to burn a simple DVD-R disc. I probably could start from scratch, but I really hate the new version of iMovie (the Ken Burns effect is not as intuitive.) If I can find a previously burned disc of the project, what would be the best way to go? Insert the valid disc and copy it to my desktop as a disk image and remove it and burn an image from that using Disk Utility? I am running Mountain Lion...

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), MacBook Pro / iPad / iPad Mini

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 4:35 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2013 4:56 PM in response to Thomas Sokol

what would be the best way to go? Insert the valid disc and copy it to my desktop as a disk image and remove it and burn an image from that using Disk Utility?

Yes. That probably would be the easiest way to go.

Have you edited any of the source material since burning the first disk? If so that brings up a know iDVD problem that requires you to start over from scratch with a new project file and add the media files to it again. The iMovie file that you added to the original project should be on your hard drive.

Give this a try to open the current project file:

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete IDVD'S cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD folder if there is one.

User uploaded file

3 - launch IDVD.

OT

Burn Problems with iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.