Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With OS upgrade from 10.3.9 to 10.4.6 - have lost Music library; keeps telling me that I must d/l 10.4.7

Have moved up from a G3 / 450MHz / B+W to a G4 Quicksilver with Dual 1 GHz processors. Had OS X 10.3.9 and things worked well. The Quicksilver closely approximated the G3. Decided to move up to Tiger. Obtained 10.4.6; upgrade worked well except for the fact that when I click the iTunes icon for my "music library"… I get a dialog box telling me that I must upgrade to 10.4.7;

PERHAPS I have jumped too far up the ladder??! Couldn't find a 10.4.2(?) install disc… and forget about downloading what I need, because I'm still on a dial-up. It would take a 'month-of-Sundays' and the there would be an involuntary modem hang-up along the way.

WILL be getting HSI (High Speed Internet) in the near future, because I also have a 27" iMac. At that point the Quicksilver will become a server.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 10:37 AM

Hi, you need to go all the way to 10.4.11 actually...

The combo update for PowerPC-based Macs...

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411comboupdateppc.html

Repair Permissions afterwords, reboot.

File Size: 180.8 MB, so maybe you have somebody on a daster connection that could put it on a Flash Drive or a CD for you?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2013 10:37 AM in response to amacguytoo

Hi, you need to go all the way to 10.4.11 actually...

The combo update for PowerPC-based Macs...

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411comboupdateppc.html

Repair Permissions afterwords, reboot.

File Size: 180.8 MB, so maybe you have somebody on a daster connection that could put it on a Flash Drive or a CD for you?

Feb 16, 2013 6:56 PM in response to BDAqua

HELLO "BDAqua"…

THANK YOU for taking the time and responding… had a sneaking suspicion that it would come to that.

I'll have to have a chat with my sister, to see IF she's up to it. She DOES have a 24" iMac and a HSI.

I'd ask my neighbor, BUT he drives a winBlowz HP, and I think that he'd be (mentally) challenged.

THANK YOU, again!

With OS upgrade from 10.3.9 to 10.4.6 - have lost Music library; keeps telling me that I must d/l 10.4.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.