Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable Facebook notification center sounds?

I'm currently being driven crazy by the fact that everytime someone posts a comment somewhere on Facebook, I constantly get sound notifications from notification center.

Usually, in other apps, you get to customise the options 'Show in notification center', 'Badge app icon', and 'Play a sound when receiving notifications'. Like so:

User uploaded file

However with the Facebook section in the notification center settings, I only get the 'Show in notification center' option:

User uploaded file

Yet it says it is still using badges, sounds and banners.

Where are the options to customise the alerts for Facebook?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 3.06 GHz Intel Core2Duo 6GB 1067Mhz

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:55 PM

13 replies

Oct 5, 2015 5:01 PM in response to Nick Kenner

I didn't have this trouble until I upgraded to El Capitan. I look at System Preferences/Notifications and "Facebook" is not listed. When I explicitly look at Notifications by clicking on the top-right of my screen, I don't see Facebook notifications. I just see them popping up over my work. Nothing else pops up that way. I don't want those pop-ups that I have to close.

How to disable Facebook notification center sounds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.