Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 not supported in India, bought from UnitedStates

Dear Apple,

My Friend bought an Apple iPhone 4 - 8GB - White (Unlocked) Smartphone in ebay from United States. The Seller has clearly mentioned that the phone is UNLOCKED (http://tinyurl.com/bzlm8bw).

My iPhone Details are as follows:

Apple iphone 4

Version - 6.0.1 (10A523)

Model MD197LL

Serial Number - DN*******PMW

My ebay transaction details are as follows:

Apple iPhone 4 - 8GB - White (Unlocked) Smartphone

Item no: 190785960658

Sale date: 01/20/13

Currently am in India, and the device is not detecting my SIM Card.

I am not sure about the actual problem. So does it mean that the phone is not an Unlocked version???

Quick Question : Just conform and tell me whether the iphone i have bought is a locked or unlocked version.

Could someone escalate this matter and get me back with a solution.

Thanks

Srinivas.P

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 11:00 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2013 11:08 PM in response to srinivasp

Hi srinivasp,

We are not Apple here, and since you purchased the phone on eBay, even if we were we would not be able to answer your question. The only place you can purchase an unlocked phone where the phone is guaranteed to be unlocked is through Apple. If you bought it on eBay, then you need to go back to the seller to find out the answer to your question.

We are just users like you, we cannot help you. Neither can Apple Support. A phone purchased from an idependent seller on eBay is only as good as the seller you purchased it from is honest....

Sorry....

GB

iPhone 4 not supported in India, bought from UnitedStates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.