Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp: Seagate External Drive not Recognized in Windows Explorer -- PLEASE HELP!

I'm running in Boot Camp and using a Seagate Free Agent GoFlex external drive as both a Time Machine backup on the Mac OS, as well as a storage unit to exchange files. However, whenever I plug my external drive into my computer while running Windows, it does not show up in the Computer tab under "Devices With Removable Storage", like it should. It does show up on the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the bottom right hand corner, and it appears as a "Startup Disk" in the Boot Camp Control Panel, so I know that it isn't a cable or USB input issue. Please help me get it to appear as a Device in the Windows Explorer. I need to exchange files from my Mac OS to my Windows OS. Thank you in advance for the help.

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, Mac OS: OSX 10.8.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 11:06 PM

There are no replies.

Boot Camp: Seagate External Drive not Recognized in Windows Explorer -- PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.