Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic 6th gen, 160GB very slow and crashes

Hi i just recently bought an "ipod classic 6th Gen, 160GB" to dump alot of music place it in my car, so that i can have almost al my library. First once conected to the "Macbook Pro 13" with the latest iTunes, "IT TAKES MINUTES(LIKE 10 TO 15) TO BE RECOGNIZED BY ITUNES AND THE COMPUTER" but in he ipod screen shows (Connected, Eject before disconnecting). By the time Itunes recognize the device, half of the time it says" this device needs to be restored"...I restore the device and it takes from 15 mins to 25 mins to get to the point to sync it. Once I start syncing it (about 80GB of 160GB) it has taken more than 24hrs and never finishes because even when iTunes says completed, the device on the left column shows as it still syncing. I have restarted the computer, the ipod and nothing changes, software version is 2.0.4 and the iTumes version is 11.0.1 my songs are normally MP3 or AAC (96-256kbps)

iPod classic, Mac OS X (10.7.5), bought it used, ipod classic 6th gn

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 1:15 AM

There are no replies.

ipod classic 6th gen, 160GB very slow and crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.