Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal won't show any calendar in any account - reset?

Hi all,

After Google's update to their calendar systems, I've been experience some weired behaviour in my calendars (both OSX iCal and iOS Calendar).

So i thought of resetting both.

On the iPhone it all went well: I turned off both Google's and iCloud's calendar services, birthdays from Facebook and set up again successfully; now it works perfectly.

On the Mac, iCal failed, i.e. kept failing at syncing between Google's calendar server and iCal (iCloud seemed to work fine, though). So, after trying a couple of times to turn on and off the sync service of both iCloud and Google from Preferences and from iCal, I decided to remove all the files in ~/Library/Calendars and matching ~/Preferences/*iCal*. This resulted in both iCloud and Google's accounts not syncing anymore.

So I tried again to activate and deactivate both accounts using System Preferences. Fail.

Using iCal interface. Fail.

Fail: iCal keeps saying: updating calendars but many hours have passed now and nothing happens. The other times I reset iCal it took me like 30 seconds to have it work properly. Moreover, I don't think is a server side issue (like: too many trials, wait some time) because on the iPhone everything works pretty much ok.

How do I solve this issue? I'm thinking about a complete reset but I don't seem able to find the correct files to remove.

Thanks,

Riccardo

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 4:24 AM

There are no replies.

iCal won't show any calendar in any account - reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.