Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sky on demand

Dear all,
I am having difficulties setting on Sky on demand TV. I don't know if anyone can help, I know it is not Apple router but my wireless internet is through apple airport express and maybe... I had the problem for the past three weeks with no constructive help from Sky. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The sky wireless connector (router) is connected to the back of the sky box and wirelessly connected to my computer router / wireless network. Network name ok, signal strength ok. Local connection fail, service connection fail, ip address 0.0.0.0, dhcp on. on the on demand page, I only get about 25 HD programs and not the thousands promised by Sky. Sky support first gave me the unconstructive advice that it has to do with my internet supplier (orange) but later changed their mind on basis that I am getting some programs. I read that some router don't work well with Sky wireless connector. Apparently my Zyxel router is not on the list.
Can anyone help?
My computer is a mac, os x. Router is a zyxel connected to an airport express base station.
I have no problem with my wireless network (using 2 ipads and one apple tv).
I would be very grateful for any help, if poss step by step, I am not really an expert with computer.
Many thanks,
Yannick

imac and macbookpro

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 3:04 AM

Dear All,

To solve the problem I listed above, Sky asked me to do the following. Unfortunately, I can't find the way to access my router, is it in utilities or somewhere else? can you help?

Thanks,

Yannick

a) Access the setup page for your router. This can be accessed by pointing your browser at 192.168.0.1 or the IP address listed in your routers manual.

b) Select the ADSL Settings Section.

c) Change Multiplexing Method to "LLC-BASED"

d) Select apply.

You’re On Demand connection should now work effectively. You should not require to restart the router.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2013 3:04 AM in response to yannick chastang

Dear All,

To solve the problem I listed above, Sky asked me to do the following. Unfortunately, I can't find the way to access my router, is it in utilities or somewhere else? can you help?

Thanks,

Yannick

a) Access the setup page for your router. This can be accessed by pointing your browser at 192.168.0.1 or the IP address listed in your routers manual.

b) Select the ADSL Settings Section.

c) Change Multiplexing Method to "LLC-BASED"

d) Select apply.

You’re On Demand connection should now work effectively. You should not require to restart the router.

Feb 12, 2013 11:58 PM in response to yannick chastang

Dear All,

Many thanks for your time.

The Sky on demand was finally resolved. Not thanks to Sky. The wireless connector (router) supplied by Sky is simply rubbish. Anyone considering on demand should not buy their connector. It simply does not work. They blame the supplier because they try to get you use Sky as your web supplier. Nothing to do with your supplier, nothing to do with your mac, simply has to do with their poor hardware.

The easiest and cheapest option is to use your home computer router directly plugged on the back of the Sky-box using ethernet cable. If like me, my home computer is two rooms aways from your TV, have the router wired to the sky box and use wireless for your home computer. Thanks to Mac quality equipment, no problem with the wireless connection on my home Imac.

My post is not really related to Mac forum, but if like me you are stuck and mislead by Sky, don't worry, nothing to do with Mac, all to do with Sky.

Regards,

Yannick

Sky on demand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.