Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The package name The Gallbladder-4.itmsp contains an invalid character(s). The valid characters are: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, dash, period, underscore, but the name cannot start with a dash, period, or underscore

I have an iBook on itunes and I am trying to upload a new version of the book. I am following the workflow through iBooks Author and when I fell out all of the infromation for the package on iTunes producer i then hit the deliver button and I get the following error message:

The package name The Gallbladder-4.itmsp contains an invalid character(s). The valid characters are: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, dash, period, underscore, but the name cannot start with a dash, period, or underscore.

As far as I can tell the file that is being referenced does not meet the criteria axpressed in the erro message and in fact that file has been created by iBooks Author so one would think there shouldnt be an error.

I also get the following to error messages:

Apple's web service operation was not successful

Unable to authenticate the package: The Gallbladder-4.itmsp

Would ove any help.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 7:20 AM

Try getting rid of the dash in your title. It may be a "smart" character instead of an ascii hyphen.

3 replies

The package name The Gallbladder-4.itmsp contains an invalid character(s). The valid characters are: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, dash, period, underscore, but the name cannot start with a dash, period, or underscore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.