Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add X-Spam-Report header to all incoming mails?

Hi,

I tried to add the X-Spam-Report in all incoming mail but without any succes.

My local.cf has :

add_header all Report _REPORT_

report_safe 0

and amavisd.conf has :

$sa_tag_level_deflt = -9999; # add spam info headers if at, or above that level

$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 0.0; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level

I get all X-Spam-Flag, -Status, -Score and -Level headers but not the X-Spam-Report

Any advice ?

Franck

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:43 AM

3 replies

May 10, 2014 1:05 AM in response to franckpaul

I found it. In 3.1.1, there are no local.cf files. Only local.cf.default files to be duplicated and used. Those files are all ignored. I'd recommend removing any that you created. Instead, you have to set the following to /Library/Server/Mail/Config/amavisd/amavisd.conf:

$allowed_added_header_fields{lc('X-Spam-Report')} = 1;

You should also make sure that $sa_tag_level_deflt is set to something very low like -999.0 to ensure that the headers are added to all emails, assuming you want that.

May 11, 2014 4:28 AM in response to franckpaul

Just an addendum. In amavisd.conf, to get at least X-Spam-Score and X-Spam-Status to show up in every email, you have to lower $sa_tag_level_deflt. Most recommend:

$sa_tag_level_deflt = -9999.0; # add spam info headers if at, or above that level

However, I can't get X-Spam-Report to show up for messages below the sa_tag2_level_deflt threshhold, which I have set to:

$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 5.0; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level

From what I have read, this seems by design.

How can I add X-Spam-Report header to all incoming mails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.