Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple IOS 6.1.1 update still wifi greyed out

I have updated IOS 6.1.1 on my iPhone 4s and the wifi option still grey out.

I am sure that it is not about hardware issue because this is a new phone that I have just changed from Thailand before I came back to study in UK.

Now I am having problem with using wifi for 2 months and it is very annoying.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:47 AM

86 replies

Feb 12, 2013 10:53 AM in response to Matesaharat

After upgrading from 6.1 to 6.1.1, it is now able to scan the Wifi networks for ONCE after each reboot, then it able to connect for <5 seconds before it completely falls back to same problem as in 6.1, which is not able to scan any network at all!

I'm getting frustrated with this problem, APPLE please at least provide us method to downgrade to ios 5

Feb 12, 2013 11:52 PM in response to Matesaharat

Apple what are you doing? this has been an issue for months now and still we didnt recieve anything from you.. thank God for other problems that you fix but for this NONE..

Please put this problem on priority.. Fix our Wifi problems,

I even sent my phone last month to apple to fix the wifi problem they send it back and its fix but 2days ago Wifi greyed-out again.. oh cummon guys are you playing with us?

Feb 13, 2013 3:48 PM in response to Matesaharat

I have also try the freezer trick. Every time that my phone is getting cold at one point and when I restart my

phone by soft reset then the wifi button came up and I can connect to the wifi again. However, later when my

phone is getting warm after it has operating for a while then wifi is gone and if I reset the phone again then the

wifi option is greyed out again.

Please Apple if you see this message can you please help to get wifi back to work again.

Feb 13, 2013 6:01 PM in response to Matesaharat

This is beyond frustrating!! I have tried everything to get my wifi working again. Ever since updating to IOS 6 this iphone 4s has been a piece of garbage. I definately wont be buying any more iphones. This is rediculous how apple does not give us a way to go back to a functioning version of a previous ios. Ever since upgrading to the 4s i've had nothing but problems. First the vibrate motor in the phone stopped working so i had to send it away for repair after having the phone less than 2 months, and now this. Without wifi my phone is pretty useless to me because I use my phone to send lots of pictures and emails and this is way too slow/costly doing it all over cellular. I'd be more accepting of this problem if it was because of something i did, but in this instance it's 100% Apple's fault, and the dealer tells me there is nothing they can do about it because the warranty is expired. My wife is using my old iphone 3g and it is still good as new. I do know one thing; since i definitely will be getting a new phone I can guarantee that I will not be giving any more money to apple and I am more than willing to give Android a try.

Feb 15, 2013 10:09 AM in response to Matesaharat

My iphone 4s has also become a piece of junk ever since the ios6 update. Minutes before the ios update the iphone was working well, but immediately after it stopped working.

So, the problem is created by ios update.

WE NEED A IOS DOWNGRADE FACILITY ASAP.

Customer support says downgrade is not allowed because it can destroy your phone. Then why did they allow the upgrade that has done precisely this???

My phone is just out of warranty so apple will do nothing about it. But did apple not create itunes that destroyed my phone? By design of iphones i am supposed to use itunes i thought.

Apple IOS 6.1.1 update still wifi greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.