Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see Mac Volume with bootcamp 3.0.4

I cannot see my mac volume when I am in windows partition using bootcamp 3.0.4. Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks,

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 10:05 AM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2013 11:09 AM in response to juans587

Native Windows does not support Mac HFS+ partitions. You need to install a third party driver for HFS+ partitions. There are commercial options like MacDrive and Paragon HFS+ for Windows. Apple used to include drivers for read only access in Boot Camp, but I don't know if they are still included or not as I no longer use Boot Camp.

Feb 12, 2013 1:26 PM in response to GeekBoy.from.Illinois

As you, I also thought that this was not possible but the 1st feature noted by Apple under Bootcamp 3 is;

Read Mac Volumes - Using Boot Camp 3.0, you can open and read files on Mac OS X volumes when booted into Windows. You can also copy photos, documents and other files from a Mac OS X volume into the Windows partition.

which can be found here;

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3777

I may be misreading it.

I cannot find out how to accomplish this anywhere.

Feb 13, 2013 7:40 AM in response to ReMacs

thank you,

i do see it in disk management however it does not allow me to open the volume. The only option available to me is to delete the volume.

I cannot see it in device manager. It just shows the complete drive with no partitions.

I am unable to open it in disk management. I can open the windows partition though.

I am running Win 7 on the Bootcamp partition.

How to see Mac Volume with bootcamp 3.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.