Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wi-fi greyed out, not working, wifi issue

Apple are you aware of this bug?

iOS 6.1 disabled my wi-fi use.

iOS 6.1.1 does not fix it.

User uploaded file

How does something like this happen? What are you doing over there is Cupertino?

iOS 6.1.1 4S

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 10:57 AM

13 replies

Feb 14, 2013 10:19 AM in response to wes4006

I went to the apple support center in my city and they will replace my iPhone (due to my warranty).

They didn't give me an explanation about this problem, but it seems that the update has damaged the wireless connections in iPhones 4S. We pay an expensive price (specially in Brazil) to have more quality and less annoyance.

2 months ago I thought I could buy 2 iPhones 5, but the frustrating "apple maps" has made me think a little bit more about this decision. When I was almost convinced to buy them, I had this problem related to these updates.

Unfortunately, apple is not more synonymous of quality (mainly with iPhones). So many bugs in a short period of time. As a developper I know that replacement of devices is an annoying action and a ridiculous reactive solution.

"Prevention is always better than reaction."

It's time to change!!!

Feb 19, 2013 4:27 PM in response to Mac257

Don't complain too much my friend, I registered the problem online with Apple Care within the warranttee, then I was assigned a file number and a phone number to call, I followed Apple Care's instruction to back up and restore as a new iPhone but still failed; then I visited the Apple Store without appointment, bad luck, made an appointment and visited again, 'Sorry, it's outside the warrantee, you need to pay CHF209 for a replacement (4S)"......for sure I have started to explore Samsung Galaxy!

wi-fi greyed out, not working, wifi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.