you can upgrade to Lion, they will charge you.
You may be better off figuring out what your problem is first. Then I would think about skipping Lion and upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8
OS X Mountain Lion system requirements
To install Mountain Lion, you need one of these Macs:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
Your Mac needs:
- OS X v10.6.8 or OS X Lion already installed
- 2 GB or more of memory
- 8 GB or more of available space
Probably, because I always try to be in the last patch), I updated the firmware so I have access to Internet Recovery.
AS I mention, Once the Internet Recovery work (fine) the Lion Icon Is showed in the installer, But, exploring the MAC OS Install DVD Disk (downloaded from internet) I can see a file named WELCOME TO SNOW LEOPARD so, even the LION icon appear in the beginning I can supouse that the Installer is from Snow Leopard...
Thanks for your answer