Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 - New battery issues since 6.1 update

Hello to who will listen, I have had my iPhone 5 since it's release. The battery life was never as good as my 4's but I understood this with the new LTE and larger screen it would be expected. But - I just downloaded the 6.1 update and my battery life is now horrible! I used to make it through the whole day on a charge but now it's done by 5:00 meaning it's absolutely dead. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I remembered I did the update on Sunday. I understand suggesting to shut things off (wifi, LTE, Bluetooth, killing running apps) but these were on before the update without causing me issues. My wife's iphone 5 doesn't have the update applied and last night it still had a 50% charge left while mine was dead - we each used ours about the same amount of time even. I believe that Apple needs to issue an update to the 5 owners as well, This isn't a user issue but an OS issue and how it handles power usage...

iPhone 5, New Battery Issue

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 10:26 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5 - New battery issues since 6.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.