Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't forward Text Messages

While trying to forward text messages to an e-mail account, I realized it was just texting to myself again. I've never had this problem before. I simply selected the text message, forward, and enter e-mail address.

Any thoughts as to what is causing this?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 11:52 AM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2013 12:05 PM in response to pdroth

You can forward an SMS to an email address. When you say it is coming back to you, is the email you are trying to send to the email address of your Apple ID? Or, is this an email address that you are picking up on your iPhone? If you are selecting the portion of the message you want to forward and then entering the email address into the To: section, it should send to the email.

Feb 12, 2013 12:11 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

sometimes yes it is the Apple ID e-mail.

I just tried something. I have another e-mail that i access directly thru GMAIL, and I was able to forward the string to that e-mail and it worked fine.

both of the e-mail accounts i have are loaded on my iphone. It's as if the "to" field is defaulting to the associated phone number of the e-mail account, which is of course me.

Stumped.

Can't forward Text Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.