Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Today I bought a new ipad retina display. What is the focus of the camera is too late, but the reason for this?

Today I bought a new ipad retina display. What is the focus of the camera is too late, but the reason for this?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1, İPAD RETİNA DİSPLAY

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 2:41 PM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2013 2:48 PM in response to cameryustt

Your question is unclear. The camera can focus to as close as ~8 cm if that is what you are asking. The camera will focus to a point the user touches on the camera image showing on the screen.

The camera specs are:

iSight Camera

• 5MP photos
  • Autofocus
  • Face detection
  • Backside illumination
  • Five-element lens
  • Hybrid IR filter
  • ƒ/2.4 aperture
  • Tap to focus video or still images
  • Tap to control exposure for video or still images
  • Photo and video geotagging

Feb 12, 2013 3:11 PM in response to cameryustt

What do you mean by, "no to focus on the length of the camera is very late"? That makes no sense to me.

The quality of the photos taken should be quite good. By the way, are you talking about the back camera or the front camera. The back camera is the iSight 5MP camera.

Do you have something over the lens of the camera, Plastic, dirt?

Feb 12, 2013 3:20 PM in response to JimHdk

in turkish translate:

kameranın üstünde hiçbir şey yok. cihazı daha yeni aldım. arka kameradan bahsediyorum. her zaman aynı kalitede fotoğraf çekimi olmuyor. bunu anlatmaya çalışıyorum. cihaz iyi odaklama yapamıyor. 10 fotoğraftan bir tanesi kaliteli gözüküyor. sorunu anlayamadım bende.

There is nothing on the camera

I just got the device. I'm talking about the rear camera. not always taking pictures of the same quality. I'm trying to tell you. the device can not focus well. One of 10 high quality photographs seems. I do not understand the problem

Feb 12, 2013 3:34 PM in response to cameryustt

Of course, there could be a problem with your camera but to get the focus on the desired object you should touch the object on the screen. That will cause the camera to focus on that object.

If this is not working there may be some problem with your camera but since I am not there with you to see for myself exactly what you are doing and your results it is very difficult to discuss this problem. Presumably you are taking photos in good light?

I've had very good, consistent results using the iSight camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.