Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud & iCal to autopublish

I am a mac (OS X 10.8.2) using iCal 6.0 and iMail 6.2. I have Outlook 2011 which is a total piece of garbage...

I have my work POP email address importing to Mail. Here is where I need help:

1. I need to be able to create calendar entries and invites from my work email address (included under my iCloud as an added address, but not my main cloud email).
  2. I need to be able to share my calendar to view with my office (I don't care how, just that it is done automatically, and updates regularly based on how often my schedule changes).
  3. If I could then sync with my iPad and iPhone I'd be thrilled.

I've been able to do #1 by creating "on my mac" folders and then selecting the corresponding mailbox I want the invite to come from in iMail, but that won't let me sync. I've been able to do #2 by creating iCloud mailboxes, but every invite no matter what I do comes from some weird long email address that I assume points back to my @me.com email (the main email on the cloud). I've not been able to do both #1 and #2.

#3 is just an added bonus (oh if technology only worked how it was supposed to...).

Thoughts? Is this even doable? I tried a Google calendar but all that did was add even more calendars to iCal, without merging any of them, and sending appointments from the Google calendar uses the gmail address, not the work address unfortunately. Please help! Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 2:53 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud & iCal to autopublish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.