Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with ios 6?

Okay, so I downloaded ios 6 onto my ipad 2 about an hour ago, and since then, the videos I watch have no sound, like it won't work with YouTube or anything else. And when I hit the button on the side nothing pops up or anything. I need help.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 3:59 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2013 4:04 PM in response to Dylaann71

"Hit the button on the side nothing pops up"? What are you talking about? What has this to do with iOS 6?

I have no problems with youTube or videos on my iPad using iOS 6.1.

Perhaps you you try restarting or resetting your iPad:

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after the iPad shuts down, then press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Ignore the "Slide to power off"

Feb 12, 2013 5:04 PM in response to Dylaann71

There is no volume control at the bottom of youTube videos on the website or via the App.

If the speaker icon is not showing up when you adjust volume via the side switch that is not normal.

Have you tried restarting or resetting your iPad?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after the iPad shuts down, then press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Ignore the "Slide to power off"

If these don't solve your problems you may want to back up your iPad and do a Restore as new using iTunes. It sounds like your update didn't go right.

Problems with ios 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.