Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchasing apps

How do I purchase apps from the app store on my iPad I tried to buy one and it installed but it didn't ask for any payment method and when I tried to open up the app it was just blank

iPad

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 4:34 PM

Did you enter a valid credit card when you set up your Apple ID? If you did, then the purchase should be drawn on that credit card.

Go to the app store and tap on the app that you want to buy. Then tap on the Buy button next to app icon in the app description window. What app did you buy, that doesn't open?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2013 4:34 PM in response to Dsrock

Did you enter a valid credit card when you set up your Apple ID? If you did, then the purchase should be drawn on that credit card.

Go to the app store and tap on the app that you want to buy. Then tap on the Buy button next to app icon in the app description window. What app did you buy, that doesn't open?

Feb 12, 2013 5:09 PM in response to Demo

No I didn't get it from the app store I couldn't Find any logo makers in the store that interested me so I searched the web for apps for logo makers and I ran across a website it was WWW dot app Annie.com the app got great reviews everybody said they loved it so I decided to purchase it it was only $.99 but so maybe that's the problem

Feb 12, 2013 5:16 PM in response to Dsrock

That is the problem. Only apps installed from the App Store will work on the iPad. You cannot download any applications from the Internet that will work in iOS. Only apps from the App Store will function on the iPad.

What browser did you use to download this app and how do you know that it downloaded to the iPad? You must be seeing some sort of icon or something that you tapped on.

You made it sound like you tried to download the app from the App Store in you first post. 😕 Or so I assumed.

Purchasing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.