Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain apps freeze my iPad

I reset the iPad when it freezes, but it still happens every so often. Would a reinstall of the app help?

iPad

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 5:00 PM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2013 5:05 PM in response to DesRob74

By reset I assume that you mean by holding down on the sleep and home buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen - is that correct?

Reinstalling the offending app or apps might help, but it could be data associated with the apps that is causing the freezes. So if you do a clean install of the apps without any data restored, that would certainly help narrow it down.

Having said that, I would still backup the iPad before deleting any apps that have data or files that you will want to try to recover.

What apps might these be?

Feb 12, 2013 5:32 PM in response to DesRob74

If you have nothing invested in the game in the way of saves that you don't want to lose, just delete the app for a few days and see if that makes a difference. If the iPad quits freezing it is probably the game causing it. However, I doubt that it is corrupting the iPad in any way.

I downloaded one of those silly "sounds" apps (Funny SFX) that had about a dozen different sounds in it and that was all that the app did was make these sounds. It worked very early for me in iOS 4, but once I updated my iPad/iPads beyond iOS 5, I could not use that app without it crashing every single time I tried to use it. It was a free so I just ditched it.

BTW .... Just downloaded it again and as soon as I tap one of the sounds the app crashes again. Just like the old days!

Certain apps freeze my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.