Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to obtain Information in an open Keynote presentation

What I mean is that in other iLife applications, such as Pages, one can call on Information on the document by opening the Inspector/Document/Information.

I find this useful when I need to locate them in the Finder.

Where can I find the same service in Keynote?

iLife-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 4:49 PM

8 replies

Feb 13, 2013 5:33 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your response.

Question :

How does this provide me with the ability to find out where the presentation is saved in Finder?

Using Pages as my example, the last item at the bottom provides a way to find the document in Finder.

My version is in French so you should have an English equivalent.

User uploaded file

Other related Questions:

Do you add information to Keynote/Inspector/Document/Spotlight frequently when you create any document?

It seems to me to be needed in exceptional cases.

What are the advantages of this?

This may be a whole new feed, right?

Cheers from Canada.

Feb 13, 2013 6:47 AM in response to francoontarienOttawa

Question :

How does this provide me with the ability to find out where the presentation is saved in Finder?

text is typed into one or more of the four boxes in the Keynote Inspector > Spotlight

Spotlight uses these fields to search for this text

If I had a project called Edinburgh Castle - I would type that into Spotlight and it would find it faster than other methods.

Using Pages as my example, the last item at the bottom provides a way to find the document in Finder.

No this does not help find anything using Spotlight. This is part of the document statistics, it shows whether the document has been printed and the date and time of last printing, Clicking the Show File Info button will display the file info window.

User uploaded file

Other related Questions:

Do you add information to Keynote/Inspector/Document/Spotlight frequently when you create any document?

I have never used the Spotlight information fields. I place Keynote files in a folder named after the project title so I look directly at that folder in the Finder.

How to obtain Information in an open Keynote presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.