Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone "dies" at 9-6%, I try to turn it back on but it won't. Then when I plug it back in, it turns on right away, saying it was at the same percentage as it was when it died. I want it to die at the normal 0%, help?

Help, anyone got any ideas? I looked it up and someone said to let it sit there and die, but the phone will just die randomly before it hits 0%.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 10:48 AM

I had this recently as well. What I did to fix it was to let it die at the 9% and then I plugged it back in and ran the app Battery Doctor while it charged. The app will tell you when you should pull the charger. After I pulled the charger I let it discharge again and it fixed the problem. This was recommended to me and it might take a couple of times for the calibration to resync.

I try to make it a habit to do this every so often, but I forget. :-)

My guess is the calibration is getting screwy when I "over-charge" my phone. I've noticed many times when I charge my phone I'll pull it off the charger and it instantly goes to ~97% (this is probably a built-in feature of the battery where once it hits 100% it will discharge until 95% and then begin trickle charging again).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2013 10:48 AM in response to Community User

I had this recently as well. What I did to fix it was to let it die at the 9% and then I plugged it back in and ran the app Battery Doctor while it charged. The app will tell you when you should pull the charger. After I pulled the charger I let it discharge again and it fixed the problem. This was recommended to me and it might take a couple of times for the calibration to resync.

I try to make it a habit to do this every so often, but I forget. :-)

My guess is the calibration is getting screwy when I "over-charge" my phone. I've noticed many times when I charge my phone I'll pull it off the charger and it instantly goes to ~97% (this is probably a built-in feature of the battery where once it hits 100% it will discharge until 95% and then begin trickle charging again).

My phone "dies" at 9-6%, I try to turn it back on but it won't. Then when I plug it back in, it turns on right away, saying it was at the same percentage as it was when it died. I want it to die at the normal 0%, help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.