Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to iTunes store?

I need to update apps on my iPad but get a message that I can't connect tiO ithe iTunes store. I have a strong wi-fi signal.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, iPhone 3G

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:39 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2013 6:56 PM in response to nmere

See if any of these "fixes" work for you.

Go to Settings>General>Date and Time>Set Automatically>Off. Set the date one year ahead. Try to update the apps again. If you get an error message, go back to the settings. Correct the date and time (set automatically) then go back and try to update the apps again.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

This one worked for me once when I got the "can't connect to the iTunes Store" message - Sign out of your account, restart the iPad and then sign in again.

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Cannot connect to iTunes store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.