Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My "Notes" application on my Mac doesn't respond when I open it.

A day ago, I was looking up something on spotlight and saw a peculiar entry from notes I thought I deleted. I clicked on it and a small box with the note in it appeared. It stopped resonding when I tried to edit the text or close it or anything. Now everytime I open notes, that same little note box(not the full sized one) comes up and doesn't respond. Every single time I open notes. I am forced to "force quit" every time. I have tried restarting, shutting down, nothing sems to work. Please help. This is getting very frustrating very quickly.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 10:54 PM

I wrote this "User Tip" to deal with reparing Notes accounts, not notes themselves per se.

But if you either keep all the notes you want in iCloud, or have no notes worth saving and only want to repair the application, this tip may help.

I do not recommend using this tip if you have notes in the Notes app that are not in iCloud but that you need to keep.

Repairing Notes Folders and Accounts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2013 10:54 PM in response to wveniez

I wrote this "User Tip" to deal with reparing Notes accounts, not notes themselves per se.

But if you either keep all the notes you want in iCloud, or have no notes worth saving and only want to repair the application, this tip may help.

I do not recommend using this tip if you have notes in the Notes app that are not in iCloud but that you need to keep.

Repairing Notes Folders and Accounts

My "Notes" application on my Mac doesn't respond when I open it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.