Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Airport Utility 5.6 in OSX 10.7.5

I have a 2005 Airport Extreme that I manage using an iMac running Mac OSX 10.7.5. I recently tried to access my airport to check the IP address. Airport Utility could not access the Airport and told me that I needed to install Airport Utility 5.6 to access the Airport. I installed AU 5.6 and tried to access the Airport, but this time was told that this version of AU does not work with Mac OSX 10.7.5. So I downloaded AU 6.2. On this third attempt to access my Airport, I was told that this version of AU does not work with this Airport and I need to install version 5.6. I'm stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions (other than buying a new Airport, that is).

Thanks for the help,

Paul

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4), iPhoto not launching

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 7:22 PM

15 replies

Feb 12, 2013 8:22 PM in response to petrivilino

User uploaded file

Make sure you download it from this URL

AirPort Utility 5.6 for Mac OS X Lion

It should install without any difficulty.

AU 5.6.1 is for the latest AirPort Base Stations for systems running Snow Leopard.

NB from the following

AirPort Base Station: How to set up and configure an 802.11g AirPort Extreme Base Station or AirPort Express in OS X Lion

If you are using OS X Lion and wish to set up or configure an older 802.11g AirPort Extreme Base Station, or 802.11g AirPort Express, manually download and install AirPort Utility 5.6. AirPort Utility 5.6 can be used to configure earlier 802.11g AirPort Extreme Base Station, and AirPort Express; it can also be used for 802.11n AirPort base stations.

To obtain and use AirPort Utility 5.6:

1. Go to http://support.apple.com/downloads/.
  2. Search for AirPort Utility 5.6 and download it.
  3. Allow AirPort Utility 5.6 to install.
  4. Open AirPort Utility from the /Applications/Utilities folder.

Note: If you are configuring or setting up a newer AirPort Base Stations that support 802.11n, you should use AirPort Utility 1.0 for iOS or AirPort Utility 6.0 for OS X Lion, or later. You can have both AirPort Utility 6.0 and 5.6 in the /Applications/Utilities folder.

• AirPort Utility 5.6 will appear in the /Applications/Utility folder as"AirPort Utility 5.6"
  • AirPort Utility 6.0 will appear as "AirPort Utility"

Mar 14, 2013 7:22 AM in response to petrivilino

I echo petrivilino's problem!

Thanks John for the link. I've downloaded airport utility 5.6 to install on Lion 10.7.5. I've tried a few times now and either get a failure to install or the installer reports to have installed the application successfully but the 5.6 app is no where to be found.

User uploaded file

I've also tried Kappy's suggestion to remove all airport utilities in order to install 5.6. Now I'm puzzled! The system refuses to remove Airport Utility 6.2, the application being essential for the system proper functionning.

User uploaded file

The application can be copied somewhere else but can never be moved/deleted from the utility folder. Kappy must have used terminal commands in order to remove 6.2 and successfully install 5.6, right?

Any further suggestions?

Thank you all very much.

Apr 22, 2014 1:25 PM in response to petrivilino

Thanks! It is realy help!

I have macbook mac os 10.7.5 and airport experss model A1088

But I choose another way.

1. Open console, change to root permissions and remove airport utility

2. Download airport utility 5.6.1

3. Download and install Pacifist

4. Open Pasifist choose airport utility 5.6.1 and install it from Pacifist menu

5. Open airport utility - yep! it is working!

Can't install Airport Utility 5.6 in OSX 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.