Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and contacts

Couple of questions: how exactly does the iCloud work? I don't get it.... Next, I just have an iPad and an iPhone 4, how do I get them to have the same contacts? I want to be able to enter a name and number and notes on one and be able to access it on the other? As of now I have 221 contacts on my phone which I have had for longer and just 92 contacts on my iPad... Also if I don't have a of or Mac to connect them to is that bad? I'm not apple smart so please help!?

Thank you

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 9:44 PM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2013 10:23 PM in response to Balmesbaby3

Very likely only 92 of your contacts are currently on iCloud - the remaining 127 contacts on your iPhone are on some other account. I can't say exactly how to figure that out because when you use only one account (iCloud) as I do, there is no easy option to add a second account to iPhone or iPad. Further, you haven't told us which version(s) of iOS you are using.

But I suggest you look at Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars on your iPhone to get some clue. The clue may lie either in mail (some email account has an associated contact list) or contacts (maybe some account name will show up there). You'll probably have to move those 127 contacts into iCloud.

iCloud and contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.