Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Mountain Lion Online Recovery?

Ok so I made this huge mistake in which I literally deleted EVERYTHING in my "TOSHIBA HD". No partitions, recovery disks, anything. Luckily, I had bought Mountain Lion from the App Store before the mistake and was able to make a boot DVD BUT once it reaches towards completition, some kind of error "could not download necessary files to install OS" appears.

... and I take a deep breath and search for solutions from my phone and find this "online recovery" thing. I follow the instructions (command + F on startup) but when I finally reach recovery mode, it turns out to be Lion Online Recovery, which prompts me a Lion installation via the App Store. I never bought Lion so there isn't much this recovery mode can do for me. But then I find out there's a Mountain Lion Online Recovery and after several attempts to reach it, I keep getting the Lion one.

How can I boot in Mountain Lion Online Recovery in order to download it from the App Store and FINALLY use my precious MacBook?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 10:43 PM

1 reply

OS X Mountain Lion Online Recovery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.