Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi Error: Cannot Join Wi-Fi Automatically

If you understand Chinese, please go to http://mac.pcbeta.com/thread-131074-1-1.html.

Recently there was something wrong with my MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012 running OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2). It cannot join Wi-Fi network automatically.

Everytime I have to enter password, and then it can connect to the Wi-Fi, but it still tells me "cannot connect to the Wi-Fi".

How to fix this?

User uploaded file

(It cannot join the Wi-Fi automatically. )

User uploaded file

(I have to enter the password. )

User uploaded file

(Connection was established but it gives me a wrong feedback. )

User uploaded file

(I've already set the Wi-Fi as the first-pick one. )

I tried changing positions, checking file systems, changing MTU, updating DHCP but the problem is still there and I don't know what to do.

So could you help me? Thanks very much!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 1:36 AM

4 replies

Feb 13, 2013 5:11 AM in response to Satelli

Satelli wrote:

(Connection was established but it gives me a wrong feedback. )

I'm not sure what this means, but it could be that you're using the wrong password encryption. Is this a public wifi signal you're trying to connect to?

If so, try deleting the saved password from Keychain.app (search in Keychain for the Wifi name), then try connecting to the wifi again. When it asks for the password, try changing the encryption code from WPA/WPA2 to WEP and see if it will accept the password.

Feb 14, 2013 4:40 AM in response to softwater

Thanks a lot.

I mean when I enter the RIGHT password to my own Wi-Fi and the network can be set correctly and I can browse web pages but the notification was that the connection failed.

I deleted the password from Keychain.app but the problem is still there and I don't know what to do next.

Do I need to restore the system?

Wi-Fi Error: Cannot Join Wi-Fi Automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.