Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes incompatable with windows7

Colective geniuses on itunes.

I have a problem that is really starting to hack me right off.......

Been using itunes for years on my windows Laptop with no problem. Got a message that itunes has a new version out, Yahoo!. So, as normal hit install etc etc etc.

Now when i try to open itunes i get a box on the screen that says

itunes.exe has been set to run in compatibility mode for an older version of windows.For best result, turn off compatibility mode for itunes before you open it.

To be honest,the limit of my technical skills doesnt go much further that a big hammer & a chainsaw. Needless to say, the above message may as well be written in ancient Klingon as it means nothing atall to me. However, i did manage to uninstall & reinstall, turned off, turned on, & am getting sorely tempted to (re)boot the damned thing around the house!

Can anyone out there help me with this one in the simplist terms possible please.

Many thanks in advance one & all.

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 1:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2013 2:50 AM in response to b noir

Good morning b noir!

OK, followed the instructions to step 6 then hit a problem. Openned itunes & whacked properties. Got a box with tabs across the top which read as follows.

General.

Sharing.

Security.

Previous versions.

Customise.

Opened all the tabs & went through them but not seeing a compatibility tab anywhere. ****! At step 6 there were several apple sections, did properties on all those & none of them had a compatibility tab.......

Back to the drawing board or fire up the chainsaw?

itunes incompatable with windows7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.