Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[HOW TO] Sync contacts across different devices.

Well recently ran into a problem, i had to get a new phone due iphone giving up the ghost, so switched to a Android device, now i wanted to transfer all my contacts over from my iphone to my android.

I followed countless instructions, but always faced the same hurdles, itunes failed to sync my contacts to google via itunes, it just kept getting stuck in the enter pass word loop, which no one seems to be able to fix.

I then tried adding an exchange account, but this also failed, it failed at the login, then even when i finally got it to login, it failed to sync with no user input to tell it to sync it was looking bleak.

With frustration i tried adding a CardDAV account, this too kept failing on the varification process.

At this point it seemed that OS was doing all it could to stop me syncing my contacts to move them to a new device.

So i thought id search the App store for something that would do the job for me.

And now im here.

First off if you have faced the same issues as me, then please save your self a head ache and just do this.

On your iphone > app store > search for NQ contacts sync.

Download and install it.

On your Adroid device > Play store > search NQ contacts sync.

Download and install it.

On your iphone, open NQ contacts that has now installed on your iphone, create new account, put in your email, and chose a password (not the same one you use for your email account) once created, drag your finger from the bottom of the screen (still in HQ) from the icon that shows your contacts, to the cloud on the top of the screen. this will transfer your contacts to NQ servers.

On your Android device, sign in with the NQ account you just made. it will automatically sync your contacts to your android device.

Job done.

link for NQ contacts sync on appstore.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nq-contacts-sync/id450088684?mt=8

Link for NQ contact sync on playstore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netqin.contactbackup&feature=n av_result#?t=W10.

Why it takes a third party app to actually do a hassle free contacts transfer is beyond me, between google and apple i was about to throw both phones out of the window and go back to using a note pad and a house phone, they have made it so complicated that it causes more hassle than its worth.

And no i have nothing to do with NQ, i just found it so frigging easy to do something two major companys couldnt get wright in the first place i thought id share to help others out.

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 2:23 AM

1 reply

[HOW TO] Sync contacts across different devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.