Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s 6.1.1 problems - Voda UK

My original firmware on my unlocked 4s iphone was 5.1.1. On that firmware I had good call quality, battery life was decent (approx 2days) and generally the phone behaved itself.

Then 2 weeks ago I upgraded to iOS 6.1 and I started gettting bad battery drain and the phone needed charging on a daily basis.... Also, there was no change to the call quality and the phone did not drop calls.

Then yesterday I upgraded to 6.1.1 - What a mistake that was. Battery life is still as bad as 6.1 if not worse..... In 15hrs the phone is at 20% and has only been lightly used. More worrying is the call quality. For me, the call quality has degraded. I have twice now experienced a cross call! And on three maybe four occasions when I dial a number, I have experienced call break up so bad that I have had to end the call and redial. The call break up sounds as though one is in a tunnel and there are echos and the voice just degrades into unaudible interference.....

My conculsion from this is that iOS 6.1 to 6.1.1 has fundamentally altered the way my phone performs and I am not pleased at all. Surely the performance of a phone should not degrade as a result of an iOS update?

Apple, please kindly sort this out as it's embarassing....

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 3:22 AM

4 replies

Feb 13, 2013 4:05 AM in response to BobafettUK

My 4s was originally supplied with 5.1.1 and locked to the O2 uk network, I had it unlocked officially by O2 at the end of my contract and now use it on 3 uk. (Not jailbroken)

I first held off upgrading the iOS but had to do a restore eventually when 6.1 was the latest release, to be fair other than the signal indicator being one bar lower on my cell signal indicator compared to 5.1.1 and safari informing me i was not connected to the internet at times when i had 3G signal (a refresh would solve it) I had no other issues.

6.1.1 though I too have the battery drain problem. I have done a reset, restore and setup as new iPhone but problem is still present, I am now at 12% battery and I'm letting it deplete in order to try and calibrate the battery but I'm not holding out on any hope.

iOS 6 just *****. I so miss 5.1.1!

iPhone 4s 6.1.1 problems - Voda UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.