Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad sound is not working after updating to ios 6.1

My new iPad sound not working after updating to ios 6.1. Headphones are working fine. I tried all the troubleshoot. can anyone know the answer, plz share with me

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1, Even I tried headphone in and out

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 3:31 AM

17 replies

May 8, 2013 3:32 PM in response to leenuskv

I have this problem too. No it's not muted. I've reset all settings and restarted the iPad. Been searching forums for a couple days. Some say its a dirty docking port problem, others suggest a Skype or other app update that could be the problem.

No volume control icon appears when I press the volume control buttons. Only says sound effects, if it says anything at all. YouTube and other apps, no sound. Only in the settings sliding control or if i use the headphone jack is there sound. No keyboard sound either. Bizarre and annoying to say the least. iPad 2 ios 6.1.2

May 8, 2013 9:48 PM in response to leenuskv

I am also experiencing no sound since the last iOS update. This must be affecting more than just a few iPads. Mine is the iPad 2 and I had sounds up until the last update ~ now I get nothing, no message alerts and no sounds on any of the games. I tried the suggestions from Diavonex and it didn't help either. VERY frustrating! As a lifetime Apple user I think this needs to be addressed. It's the first time I've had a problem with an Apple product, though.

May 8, 2013 10:18 PM in response to JazzieMac

JazzieMac wrote:

I am also experiencing no sound since the last iOS update. This must be affecting more than just a few iPads. Mine is the iPad 2 and I had sounds up until the last update ~ now I get nothing, no message alerts and no sounds on any of the games. I tried the suggestions from Diavonex and it didn't help either. VERY frustrating! As a lifetime Apple user I think this needs to be addressed. It's the first time I've had a problem with an Apple product, though.

Try this method http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4085

May 9, 2013 4:14 PM in response to JamesPaulMallon

THANK YOU, JamesPaulMallon!! The link you sent worked the miracle I was looking for ~ and it was unbelievably simple. Apparently the side button had been set to MUTE instead of LOCK ROTATION and it was turned on! I'm not even sure how that happened. Thank you again. You obviously know Apple products extremely well, judging by how many posts you've made to help those of us that run into some snags. Kudos!!

May 10, 2013 3:28 PM in response to JamesPaulMallon

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as everyone above. I only get sound through the slider on the ringtone in settings and through my headphones. I do not get any sound anywhere else at all.

I Have tried:

- Updating to iOS 6.1.3

-re starting the device

-checking that the device is not muted. My slider switch is set to mute rather than lock and is unmuted.

-going into general settings and reset all settings

-the device reset several times (waiting until I saw the all important apple logo)

-removing the last few apps I installed.

Nothing at all has worked, please help!

New iPadiPad

My new iPad sound is not working after updating to ios 6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.