Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When syncing all devices in itunes11 64bit win7 i get as far as "determining which apps to sync" and then it stops. No apps get synced at all ever!

Why have I been having syncing problems all of a sudden with iTunes11! Apps wont sync - get as far as Determining which apps to sync then NOTHING! Help!

Happening for all devices on different operating systems! HELP!!

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 8:29 PM

I have scanned these forums for weeks with this problem and thanks to all the replies and suggestions i have managed to sort this out - I cannot remember who gave me the final solution that i read so i cannot give you credit but for those people who have had the same problem as this I solved it thus:

• Back up device to your computer
  • Do a device restore (take a deep breath it asks you later if you want to restore from your back up so I didnt lose anything)
  • follow all the iTunes prompts and the whole thing was solved

I dont know what was corrupt, or what caused this, but it was ALL devices, and ALL the time, all of a sudden with all computer settings correct, and now I am back to normal!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2013 8:29 PM in response to LAW27

I have scanned these forums for weeks with this problem and thanks to all the replies and suggestions i have managed to sort this out - I cannot remember who gave me the final solution that i read so i cannot give you credit but for those people who have had the same problem as this I solved it thus:

• Back up device to your computer
  • Do a device restore (take a deep breath it asks you later if you want to restore from your back up so I didnt lose anything)
  • follow all the iTunes prompts and the whole thing was solved

I dont know what was corrupt, or what caused this, but it was ALL devices, and ALL the time, all of a sudden with all computer settings correct, and now I am back to normal!

Jul 14, 2013 8:22 PM in response to LAW27

I had similar problem. New or updated apps downloaded using iTunes 11 would not sync to my iPad during a sync operation. In addition, I could not rearrange apps in iTunes and sync those changes to the iPad. Sync appeared to run, but no changes were ever commited to the device.

I was able to resolve these problems without a full restore by deleting two apps that had inadvertently been installed on my iPad using another family member's iTunes account instead of mine.

Here is how I came to this solution. Your mileage may vary:

When I first installed iTunes, none of my apps showed up at all on the iPad "Apps" tab in iTunes. I took the advice of other threads and exposed the sidebar by selecting View, show Sidebar so I could see my iPad listed under Devices. I then right-clicked the iPad icon under Devices and selected "Transfer Purchases" to copy apps from my iPad to iTunes. However, I noticed two apps would not transfer. The error message said I was not authorized to run them on this computer. Initially I ignored that message, since it simply said they would not be transferred.

After hours of reading this forum, consulting Mr. Google, and trying other generally useless advice, I deleted both of these apps from my iPad and instantly, the app sync began to work. I had 28 updated apps pending in iTunes and they immediately synced to the iPad. I could also rearrange apps in iTunes and they would change on the iPad after running sync.

By the way, I have the box checked that says "Automatically install new apps", since I want anything I update in iTunes to be deployed to my iPad next time I sync.

Good luck and I hope this helps others as frustrated as I was.

When syncing all devices in itunes11 64bit win7 i get as far as "determining which apps to sync" and then it stops. No apps get synced at all ever!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.