Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari freezes when saving to PDF

Hi Folks 🙂

Well... Safari doesn't freeze when saving a web document to PDF, but somehow, it gets stuck for many seconds and later it pop ups a banner which says that it can't connect with Server "Martin" (me, which I guess is the name given to the MacPro).

So I'm using the MBP as "Desktop Computer" and conneted via FireWire to the MacPro. The weird thing is that I already unmounted the disks, unpluged the FireWire cable and turned off the MacPro, but the MBP still looking for the named server.

I think that's because some sharing configurations, but I'm not sharing the Printer (I don't have one, so discard that 😁 ).

So well... this issue is pretty annoying because I have to save as PDF many web documents and the "thinking" time of the computer by looking for that server is a big waste of time.

Can anybody help me here?

Thanks a lot!

Ø3 🙂

PS:

Here is a pic if needed:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 8 GB RAM ATI 7770 HD 1 GB DDR5

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 7:18 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2013 4:32 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hey Linc 🙂 it happens when I click on the PDF button. After a while, the pull down menu appears with the respective options, so it happens before the process of saving the file (selecting file type, folder, etc, and save).

Hope this helps you to find something. I have not tried deleting the MacPro from the Sharing Propierties in the MBP and see if the MBP keeps seeking for that server. Will try that later and update here.

Thanks for taking the time, man!

Ø3 🙂

Safari freezes when saving to PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.