Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6.1.1 wifi gets dissconnected every few minutes

I updated my 4s yesterday with the new IOS and now, my wifi is getting dissconnected every few minutes. The most frustrating thing is that I have to enter the password of my home wifi everytime it gets dissconnected.

iPhone 4S, Other OS

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 8:31 AM

10 replies

Feb 13, 2013 5:00 PM in response to karmicbonds

Yes I'm having the same issue since the latest iOS update. My wifi reception has dropped substantially - 2 or even 1 "bars" in places in the home where it was full reception. It drops out repeatedly, stopping podcast downloads.

I have both a router and a range extender and the problem exists with both of them. It also exists if I try to connect to public wifi - completely unusable...

But also, I use bluetooth headphone a lot, and the reception for them has plummeted to the point where continually drop out even when the phone is in my shirt pocket - i.e. just 30cm from the headphones. Before the update, the reception was halfway through the house!.

I know it wasn't the headphones causing this because I thought so and took them back for exchange under warranty, and the new ones are exactly the same.

So both wireless reception and bluetooth transmission strength have gone down the toilet following this iOS update.

Is Apple doing anything about this? It seems the communities are full of similar complaints...

Feb 13, 2013 5:06 PM in response to AlanFromACT

Another problem I forgot: after the update, I was getting notification badge numbers about app updates being available, but the screen in AppStore app would just stay blank. Apple support came back with nothing of any help so I reset the phone and reinstalled off a backup, which fixed it (iPhone 4). But my wife's 3GS has the same problem since she updated the iOS...

IOS 6.1.1 wifi gets dissconnected every few minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.