Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many gigabytes should I get?

I am looking to buy an new iPhone. I am wondering whether to get 16GB or 32GB. I take a lot of pictures (which i download to iPhoto on my Macbook) and have a lot of Apps but that is it. Which do you think would be best?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 10:07 AM

If you are going to keep a lot of photos on the iPhone then the larger storage would help, also true if you have a lot of tunes on it. The 16 GB is pretty hard to use up unless you are going to store a lot of music and photos.

Remember, the storage capacity for photos is not just the sum of the sizes of the photos, you also have to allow for the thumbnails it creates and the index it creates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2013 10:07 AM in response to Dinidd

If you are going to keep a lot of photos on the iPhone then the larger storage would help, also true if you have a lot of tunes on it. The 16 GB is pretty hard to use up unless you are going to store a lot of music and photos.

Remember, the storage capacity for photos is not just the sum of the sizes of the photos, you also have to allow for the thumbnails it creates and the index it creates.

Feb 13, 2013 10:08 AM in response to Dinidd

32 is better than 16.

A good technique to use is guess what you are likely to need, then double it.

If you want hundreds of songs, dozens of apps, and a couple of movies: 16 GB

If you want thousands of songs, hundreds of apps, and several movies: 32 GB

If you have more money than time to think about this any more: 64 GB

This may help you decide: How much content will fit on my iPod or iPhone?

general storage Q&A:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/guide/storage

How many gigabytes should I get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.